North America Style Travel

New York

Did you all have a good 4th of July? I just returned from NY super late last night, in time to catch a view of the fireworks from the plane as we were landing – beautiful! I wanted to update you all, so here are some photos from my trip:

Mr. Feather and I got in Friday night and headed over to one of my favorite New York sushi restaurants – Sushi Yasuda. I really recommend it for anybody who loves great sushi, and for a variety of budgets – you can sit at the bar and and easily run a bill that’s over $300 a person, or have one of their prix fixe options which start at $24 a person, including dessert. I had a little set sushi platter which was a nice after plane snack. On the way there I also ran into a blog reader and the subject of one of the first interviews I ever posted – TC. She was gorgeous and also was toting a super envy inducing Bottega bag – hi TC!

Sushi Yasuda

The next day Mr. Feather and I walked around and enjoyed the amazing weather. A few blocks from our hotel was the Mercedes dealership, where we were both stunned to see this ENORMOUS vehicle parked in the showroom. We had to go inside and see it:

The Mercedes Sprinter, courtesy of MB website

That’s me standing in the car. I know I’m short, but I could have done jumping jacks and not touched the ceiling. We were both curious and asked the salesperson – who was buying these cars? Musicians on tour? Companies for their corporate buses? The Harlem Globetrotters??

“Nine out of ten, it’s a hedge fund guy.” the salesman responded. ….OF COURSE.

Finally, a little shot of one of our last meals this long weekend – I LOVE Jewish deli’s and always have to go to one of my favorite spots when in New York. This is the Matzo Ball soup from Lansky’s – in my opinion they make the BEST in the city, and have yummy sandwiches as well – all with pretty good pricing. YUM.

Thank you for reading! I can’t wait to catch up and read all the comments and emails I have and catch up on all my favorite blogs. Happy Tuesday!

You Might Also Like

• vanda
    July 5, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I just LOVE your favorite little dress!!!!!I would like to have one like that. The word is PERFECT!

• Lissy
    July 5, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I have been DYING to try Sushi Yasuda but somehow just never end up there 🙁

• Julia
    July 5, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Katherine, I really adore that Nanette Lepore dress – so classic with the perfectly paired Chanel bag. Flying out to Fort Lauderale tomorrow for business. Talk to you later:-)

• Sarah
    July 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm

You look FANTASTIC in this dress!!!!!!!!!! Looks like your trip was amazing, so jealous! Hope to get to NY for a trip soon.

-Sarah

• Lydia
    July 5, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Love that Nanette Lepore dress. So dressy yet looks "light". Glad you enjoyed NYC. I always love NYC. All this food talking makes me hungry, and it's only 10 AM here 🙂

• B.Inspired
    July 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

LOVE your Van Cleef ring! The F21 version isn't going to compare…not anywhere close! You look fabulous in your dress!

• Michelle
    July 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

welcome back! as i mentioned before, i'm still pretty jeal that you got to jet off to nyc for the weekend. truly my fave place on earth. le sigh.

i really dig the nl dress on you too – i can see it being a blouse on ms. lively, though. i imagine it looks far better as a dress, on you.

• Vera
    July 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Your VCF ring is to-die-for! Thanks for showing the details…*drool*

onelifetoshop.blogspot.com

• Melissa
    July 5, 2011 at 2:59 pm

That dress is STUNNING on you! I think it looks better that length than as a mini anyway. And the ring – OH I have to go find one now! It's beautiful and so unique!

I don't think it's crass at all to not give each other wedding gifts. I think that's a fabulous idea!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

• Annette
    July 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I am in LOOOOOVE with that ring! It looks so dainty and beautiful, sigh.

Glad you had fun in New York!

• DSK Steph
    July 5, 2011 at 3:17 pm

You are everywhere this Summer! I love that dress. Super gorgeous!!!

• Marla Horenbein
    July 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Delis are my fav too. Matzo ball soup? I'm sold. If you haven't already, you should check out Carnegie Deli on 7th between 54th and 55th the next time you come back!

• Melissa
    July 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Wow you looked so pretty for the wedding! And no, your hotel room wasn't messy just because you had a few stray water bottles! Silly!

The food looked delish, as well. Glad you had fun, thanks for sharing the pics!

xxMelissa

• Lily
    July 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Looks like a lot of fun !! I LOVE that ring !

xxLily
    goldandgray.com

• Tangled In Texas
    July 5, 2011 at 4:14 pm

What a fun trip! I love your outfit for the wedding – so pretty! I love sushi and I can't wait to visit New York – never been! 🙂

• newpetite
    July 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Love the dress and you look lovely! Glad you had a good time in NY.

• Anonymous
    July 5, 2011 at 4:42 pm

First time poster, I've really enjoyed the posts about your recent trips. Love the Birkin and WOC too!
    -A

• Marissa
    July 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I love reading about your travels! As a poor college graduate I enjoy living vicariously through you! xoxo Marissa

• Make Mommy Chic
    July 5, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Hi Katherine- what a great post! I'm going to new York city on Thursday and your post just made me even more excited. Question- the Chanel bag that you are wearing in the pic with the gorgeous Nanette lepore dress, is that a wallet on a chain? It it is, I want one!! Thanks for the post!

• Nelah
    July 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

That is one gorgeous dress..love the lovely and intricate details.

• Pablo
    July 5, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for your nice comment and for visiting my blog! I have been taking a look at yours too, and I'm enjoying it very much! =)

• amy b.s.
    July 5, 2011 at 6:09 pm

love that dress!

• Jenna Lee
    July 5, 2011 at 6:24 pm

The ring is beautiful! The sushi looks great! I have seen those vans and they look glorious. What a great post so many wonderful things!

Also! That dress is AWESOME!

• Lisa
    July 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Sushi Yasuda is my hubby's favorite place to go when in NY for business…I can't wait to try it one day! I love your wedding outfit….you have such classic clothes that never go out of style!

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    July 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

My word, that's a HUGE car. I don't think these Hedge Fund guys really need these. It's a status symbol. I'm drooling just looking at the food!

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    July 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

• Chocolate, Cookies & Candies
    July 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

• deuxarmoires
    July 5, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Beautiful dress.

• Michelle
    July 6, 2011 at 12:45 am

That ring is adorable goes perfectly with the dress. Looks like it was a fun time in NY and hotel rooms are meant to be messy your on hols afterall 🙂

• Sammie
    July 6, 2011 at 1:23 am

the dress is beautiful on you and I LOVE that ring 🙂

• Nichole
    July 6, 2011 at 2:29 am

That Nanette Lepore dress is beautiful!

• Latkes and Dim Sum
    July 6, 2011 at 3:36 am

Glad you had an eventful trip to NY! The pictures of the food are yummy (torture to be looking at them at bedtime!)

Thank you for your comment – the July Vanity Fair was definitely better (jucier) than the August issue 🙂

• Wendy's Lookbook
    July 6, 2011 at 4:08 am

Please take me with you next time LOL! As always, you look gorgeous!

• Lily
    July 6, 2011 at 6:24 am

aaaw the delis in NY, pastrami sandwich is the highlight of any trip to the big apple!
    I love your Lepore dress, so NYC appropriate!
    Mr Lily is planning our visit, and he is super excited as he knows the city like the palm of his hand, being a true blue Manhattanite.

• Katherine
    July 6, 2011 at 7:36 am

@Make Mommy Chic Yup it is! Highly recommend it, so versatile 🙂

• Lisa
    July 6, 2011 at 5:23 pm

OMGOSH i seriously DIE over your nanette lapore dress and your VCA between the finger ring!! i want one so bad it's so pretty hahah.. i swear your blog gives me jewelry envy!!!!!

• Holly
    July 6, 2011 at 11:51 pm

ditto to what Lisa said! hehe. i LOVE it all! you have great taste!

Thanks for stopping by our blog! =)

• Rococo
    July 7, 2011 at 4:22 am

I love the dress and ring! So pretty 🙂

• Anna
    July 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm

It's a gorgeous dress that fits you like a glove.

I saw that giant Mercedes van in Miami last winter and my BF was automatically all over it – he's always dreamed for a conversion van for travel 😀

I'm headed to NY soon and I'll be sure to check out the restaurant. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Cortney
    July 8, 2011 at 8:59 am

Wow that dress is stunning! 🙂 It looks like it was made for your body! Love the way you accessorized it. I'm definitely going to have to try out one of those rings…